Effective Date: December 03, 2015.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, registered users and others who access the Service ("Users")
- This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as webstores who process your orders/returns/refunds, delivery service providers who deliver your order and collect cash if required, payment providers that you use to pay for our Services and social networks that you use in connection with our Services. We encourage you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
I. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your first and last name, email address, password, gender and username when you register for an Adoro account
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., profile picture, cover photo, your website, short biography, mobile phone number and your date of birth). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Adoro
- You may optionally register with us through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
- Your Public Posts: You may provide information (such as your uploaded photographs, product tags, description, hashtags, adores, comments, shares, followers, the users you follow etc.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on publicly accessible areas of our Services, or transmitted to other users of our Services or third-parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We give you the option to limit access to your “User Contributions” by selecting certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable (see "Security" section below). Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings
- Your transaction information: If you make purchases through our Services, we collect and store information about you to process your requests and automatically complete forms for future transactions, including (but not limited to) your phone number, pin code, address, email and credit or payment card information. This information may be shared with third-parties which assist in processing and fulfilling your requests, including PCI compliant payment gateway processors
- Communications between you and Adoro. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails;
Information about your friends
- If you choose to “Find Friends” through a search of names or usernames on Adoro then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- Note about "Invite Friends" feature: You have the option to request your friends to the Services by providing their contact information. If you request a friend to join and connect with you on the Services, we will only use your friend’s contact information to process your request
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, log file and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services
- Your activity on the Services: Information about your activity on the Services, such as search queries, search results selected, filters used, number of clicks, products & looks viewed, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number
- Stored information and files: Our applications also may access metadata and other associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information
- Last URL visited: The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
II. USING YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our Services;
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Adoro application on your device
- Provide you with customer support
- Provide you with notices about your account
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- Notify you about changes to our Services
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
III. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Adoro (or the group of companies of which Adoro is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company Adoro Marketplace Private Limited
- Our contractors, service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business (e.g. inventory providers like webstores, brands & boutiques and delivery service providers) will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy preference on Adoro, please change your privacy choices from settings menu. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others depending on your privacy preferences
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users
- If you remove information that you posted to our Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Services, or if other Users have copied or saved that information
- If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the share button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Adoro, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
IV. COMPLIANCE WITH DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
V. SECURITY: PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Adoro cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Adoro or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed
- When you place an order using our Services, we employ the reasonable safeguards for the transmission of the information from you to us. For example, we may use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol or encryption technologies
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Adoro, at all times
- You should check the privacy options we provide in our settings section. We urge you to select appropriate privacy levels to limit access to your “User Contribution”
- Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Adoro make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization
We endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, however we do not guarantee that such security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
VI. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Accessing & correcting your personal information:
- You can review, update, and correct your personal information by logging in and changing your profile settings
- You may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement
- Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices)
- You can stop all collection of information by not using our Services and/or by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device
Account termination and Data retention
- You can close your account by writing to us at
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Adoro will remove your public posts from view and/or dissociate them from your account profile, but may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes unless prohibited by law
- Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity
VII. OBTAINING INFORMATION OF THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13.
The Company shall not knowingly allow registration or collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If the Company reasonably determines that it has obtained personal Information from children under the age of 13, it will delete such account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at
The Company shall not assume any liability for the damages and losses, if any, incurred by the users due to such deletion of information
VIII. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites or applications. If you choose to visit another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or application. The fact that we link to a website or application is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites and/or applications may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or mobile device, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
X. CONTACT US
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr. Parthasarathi Sinha
Adoro Marketplace Private Limited
B Wing - 2061/2062, Oberoi Garden Estate,
Chandivali Farm Road, Chandivali, Mumbai - 400072
Phone: +91- 022-40055558
Time: Mon to Fri (10:00 to 19:00)